Renowned for offering top-notch HVAC services since 1961, we at O’Donnell heating are committed to providing diverse insights into the world of heating and cooling systems. It’s crucial for us that our clients have a working understanding of simple maintenance strategies to ensure their system’s longevity. Let’s explore some simple DIY tips that can help you take effective care of your HVAC system.
1. Regular Inspection: Routinely check the outdoor unit for accumulation of leaves, debris or grass cuttings. Keep plants at least 2 feet away to ensure adequate airflow around the unit.
2. Replace Filters: Dirty filters hamper efficiency and can decrease airflow. We recommend changing your filters at least every three months. However, during winters or peak summers, monthly replacement could be necessary.
3. Check Thermostat Settings: Regularly ensure your thermostat is set properly. It can help save energy while maximizing the effectiveness of your system.
4. Clean and Clear Drain Pipe: The drain pipe and pan should be checked and cleaned regularly to avoid mold and algae build-up, which can lead to unpleasant odours or even system breakdowns.
5. Clean AC Coils: The evaporator and condenser coils can collect dust over time, lessening their ability to absorb heat. Regular cleaning can ensure optimum performance.
6. Don’t Forget Ductwork: Sealed and insulated ducts can improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling system up to 20%.
Remember, while we encourage you to perform these simple maintenance routines, some tasks like an annual inspection of electrical connections, checking refrigerant levels, and lubrication of moving parts should always be done by professionals like us at O’Donnell Heating. We have been providing quality HVAC services in Amherst, NY and surrounding areas for over six decades.
We’re proud of our expertise, integrity, and commitment to customer service. With the right DIY procedures and an experienced team like O’Donnell Heating on your side, you can trust that your HVAC system is set to perform efficiently for years to come.
Consistency is key when it comes to HVAC maintenance. By following these easy steps, you can keep your system running smoothly and efficiently, ultimately leading to longer system life and lower energy bills.
Have questions or need professional help? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for any HVAC-related concerns you might have. We’re all about making sure your home is as comfortable and cost-efficient as possible.